Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Saltbox House Gallery Clock


Saltbox House Clock Project

I love making huge clocks, You tend to see them in stores more and more these days. I have a large handmade crackled clock with our family name hanging above our fireplace right now.

This is a saltbox clock I made last year it is a 32" gallery sized clock made of high density plywood. I used a large circle cutter attachment that you can purchase for routers to make the circle and then routed a beveled edge around it. I painted the clock black, then just the face in tan, then in a blue. Sanded it to create a distressed look. Painted on a saltbox house with stars instead of numbers. You can purchase long arm clock hands through different clock part suppliers online. Then add a wire hanger on the back.

Mandie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...