Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Making a Primitive Country Butterfly














Ok, I had submitted my "Tip of the Week" to Primitive Crossroads about my Primitive butterflies that you can make with coffee filters, but here is the pictures to help understand what I mean.

You need wax paper or something to work on , coffee filters, pipe cleaners ,a little glue, some coffee, and a paint brush. I Used gingham fabric but you can use anything your imagination will allow you to embellish your butterfly. Maybe some micca flakes, vintage photos decoupaged onto the wings, (some thoughts)

Hopefully, my photos can help with step- by- step. Don't make them sloppin' wet. Just lightly brush on the coffee mixture and I work with them before they dry. I used a small dab of glue of the corners of the fabric to help it lay down. You can make smaller ones too, just cut your coffee filters to make them smaller.

Hope you have fun creating your own! Oh, and you can make them tie-dyed or whatever by using kids water color paints too :)

Mandie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...